The Mexico Pavilion at EPCOT (including Gran Fiesta Tour and its predecessor, El Rio Del Tiempo) is full of authentic details that speak to the culture, history, music and cuisine of Mexico. Opening in 1982 with the park, the pavilion now features two table-service restaurants (San Angel Inn Restaurant and La Hacienda de San Angel), a quick-service restaurant (La Cantina de San Angel), a lounge and tequila bar (La Cava del Tequila), an outdoor beverage stand (Choza de Margarita), a main attraction (Gran Fiesta Tour), live music (Mariachi Cobra), and shopping. The pavilion has a rich history, and this episode is devoted to the Imagineering, the details, the music, and the culture and history that make up the EPCOT Mexico Pavilion in World Showcase.
Special thanks to Martin Smith for providing the audio for our El Rio Del Tiempo audio played in this episode. Be sure to check out his full Mexico Pavilion tribute on YouTube.
What do you love most about the Mexico Pavilion at EPCOT? Send me your feedback via email or through direct or public message at any of the following and [with your permission] I’ll include your message in a future show:
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/imagineerpodcast
- Instagram: www.instagram.com/ImagineerPodcast
- Facebook Group (ImagiNation): https://www.facebook.com/groups/imagineerpodcast/
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/ImagineerPodcast
- TikTok: www.tiktok.com/@imagineerpodcast
- Twitter: www.twitter.com/ImagineerNews
- Email: email@example.com
Sponsors and Partners:
- Magical Park Vacations: plan a trip to Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, Aulani, or any other Disney (or Universal) destination. These services are complimentary.
- WDW Park Planners: work with a concierge vacation planner to create a personalized Disney itinerary for you and your family.
- Magical Park Tours: hire an in-person guide to help your family navigate the parks and mitigate crowds.
Get Bonus Content
If you want to take your love of Imagination Skyway to the next level and help support the show, definitely consider joining us on Patreon for virtual events, bonus content and episodes, exclusive access to our private Passholder communities and more.
How to Support the Show
- Share the podcast with your friends
- Rate and review on iTunes – https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/the-imagineerpodcasts-podcast/id1244558092
- Join our Patreon Group – https://www.patreon.com/imagineerpodcast
- Purchase merchandise – https://www.teepublic.com/stores/imagineer-podcast?ref_id=8929
Enjoy the show!