Frequent Walt Disney World guests will often ask me if Disneyland is worth a visit. Not surprisingly, the answer is a resounding yes! Disneyland is an especially magical place for Disney fans, and even for those who infrequently visit Disney, there’s a good reason Disneyland is called the “happiest place on earth”. With two incredible theme parks (Disneyland and Disney California Adventure), Downtown Disney, and three Disney Resorts (The Disneyland Hotel, Disney’s Grand Californian, and Disney’s Paradise Pier), Disneyland packs an enormous number of attractions, dining options, entertainment and activities into a space so small that you can easily walk from one end to the complete opposite end of the resort in a matter of 10-15 minutes.
In this episode, I’m joined by Brooke McDonald and Philander Butler to discuss our tips, strategies and advice for planning a first visit to Disneyland. We discuss the reasons you should consider making the pilgrimage to Disneyland, differences between the Disneyland Resort and Walt Disney World Resort, where to stay (including some incredible “good neighbor” options), how many days to visit the parks, Genie+, and more.
What do you love most about the Disneyland Resort? Send me your feedback via email or through direct or public message at any of the following and [with your permission] I’ll include your message in a future show:
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/imagineerpodcast
- Instagram: www.instagram.com/ImagineerPodcast
- Facebook Group (ImagiNation): https://www.facebook.com/groups/imagineerpodcast/
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/ImagineerPodcast
- TikTok: www.tiktok.com/@imagineerpodcast
- Twitter: www.twitter.com/ImagineerNews
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sponsors and Partners:
- WDW Magazine: subscribe to the premier magazine focused on Walt Disney World (print or digital) to read monthly Disney-related content, including an ongoing Imagineering series written by yours truly!
- Magical Park Vacations: plan a trip to Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, Aulani, or any other Disney (or Universal) destination. These services are complimentary.
- WDW Park Planners: work with a concierge vacation planner to create a personalized Disney itinerary for you and your family.
- Magical Park Tours: hire an in-person guide to help your family navigate the parks and mitigate crowds.
Get Bonus Content
If you want to take your love of Imagineer Podcast to the next level and help support the show, definitely consider joining us on Patreon for virtual events, bonus content and episodes, exclusive access to our private Passholder communities and more.
How to Support the Show
- Share the podcast with your friends
- Rate and review on iTunes – https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/the-imagineerpodcasts-podcast/id1244558092
- Join our Patreon Group – https://www.patreon.com/imagineerpodcast
- Purchase merchandise – https://www.teepublic.com/stores/imagineer-podcast?ref_id=8929
Special thanks to our Deluxe Passholder Patreon members!
- Thomas N
- Devan L
- Katelyn F
- Jason K
- Jordan J
- Dani S
Enjoy the show!