Disney Springs might be a shopping district at Walt Disney World, but it was designed like a Disney theme park. In fact, the detail and complexity of this themed environment is so impressive that it could almost be considered a fifth gate at the resort. The transformation of Downtown Disney to Disney Springs took years to develop, and it involved a lot more than a simple facelift. The Imagineers changed the entire experience, including arrival and parking. With nearly 100 unique dining and retail vendors, four themed areas, and one cohesive story-driven environment, Disney Springs is a must-do at Walt Disney World.
In this podcast episode, I have the pleasure of welcoming back veteran Disney Imagineer Theron Skees. Theron was the lead Imagineer on Disney Springs, and he has some incredible stories worth sharing about the development of this shopping district. I learned some incredible new facts, and I was impressed by some of the details Theron described. I have a feeling you’ll have an entirely new appreciation for Disney Springs after listening to this episode.
You can follow Theron and learn more about his work at the links below:
- Website: https://www.designerscreativestudio.com
- Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/209607574152654
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/theron.skees/
- YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWU0-KVHvIEeqoCi-miRfeA
What do you love most about the Imagineering of Disney Springs? Send me your feedback via email or through direct or public message at any of the following and [with your permission] I’ll include your message in a future show:
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/ImagineerPodcast
- Instagram: www.instagram.com/ImagineerPodcast
- Twitter: www.twitter.com/ImagineerNews
- Facebook Group (ImagiNation): https://www.facebook.com/groups/imagineerpodcast/
- Email: email@example.com
Be sure to check out our sponsor WDW Magazine, the premier magazine focused on Walt Disney World, available in print or digital.
Disney news and travel tips: Be sure to visit our Disney news partner, The Kingdom Insider:
- Website: https://thekingdominsider.com
- Facebook: https://facebook.com/KingdomInsider
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/thekingdominsider/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/tkidisneynews
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfNy6LP8uPSjsktoPBr5JTQ
- Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/TKIDisneyNews/
Vacation Planning: Planning a trip to Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, Adventures by Disney, or another Disney destination? Visit our trusted partner, Academy Travel:
- Walt Disney World: https://apps.itams.com/AcademyCRM/form/waltdisney/IP
- Disneyland: https://apps.itams.com/AcademyCRM/form/disneyland/IP
- Disney Cruise Line: https://apps.itams.com/AcademyCRM/form/disneycruise/IP
- Aulani: https://apps.itams.com/AcademyCRM/form/Aulani/IP
- Adventures by Disney: https://apps.itams.com/AcademyCRM/form/DisneyAdventure/IP
How to Support the Show
- Share the podcast with your friends
- Rate and review on iTunes – https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/the-imagineerpodcasts-podcast/id1244558092
- Join our Patreon Group – https://www.patreon.com/imagineerpodcast
- Purchase merchandise – https://www.teepublic.com/stores/imagineer-podcast?ref_id=8929
- Download Imagineer Tours – http://imagineertours.com
Special thanks to our Deluxe Passholder Patreon members!
- Thomas N
- Devan L
- Katelyn F
- Jason K
- Jordan J
- Dani S
Enjoy the show!